NJ For Change

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Week Three

Three full weeks of blogging and I don’t have much progress to report on readership. My cousin is on again, off again and DBK has abandoned me. That leaves the serendipitous reader as my audience.

On the bright side Technorati shows NJFC is now on the blogrolls of two New Jersey blogs, SmadaNek (a very unusual name) and Enlighten-NewJersey. As I mentioned before, as a way of measuring progress I’m going to add links on my sidebar as blogs link here.

I read hundreds of blogs over the course of a week. Some I read everyday and others I read everything they’ve posted since the last time I dropped by. Others I glace through, reading a post here and there. For many others I am the serendipitous reader.

Some of my daily reads outside New Jersey include: Betsy's Page, La Shawn Barber’s Corner, Just One Minute and Outside the Beltway.

Some of my New Jersey daily reads include: A Blog For All, Blue Jersey,
Bob the Corgi , Center of New Jersey Life, Confessions of a Jersey Goddess, DynamoBuzz, Enlighten-NewJersey, Fausta's Blog, Parkway Rest Stop, TigerHawk and Uncle Tonoose.

I started out as a reader of mostly non-New Jersey blogs, but have been changing my reading habits over the past year or so. I think this change prompted me to start this blog. I always wanted to join in with comments, but I felt awkward and held back. My cousin is reading over my shoulder and says I should’ve stuck with making comments, that way I’d have more readers.

She, who shall remain nameless, has a way of trying to take the wind out of my sails. It’s on to week four.
14 Comments:
Blogger TigerHawk said...

Keep at it, but only if you love it... There's a lot of competition out there.

Good luck.

2:22 PM  
Blogger James said...

Don't worry about traffic at this stage. If you write well (and you do), people will find you.

Keep it up. You're doing great.

Jim
Parkway Rest Stop
http://parkwayreststop.com

2:45 PM  
Blogger Chanice said...

Thanks guys!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ken Adams said...

Chanice, don't do it for the numbers. Your thoughts and ideas are important; writing and publishing helps you to refine and clarify them. As Jim says above, if you write it, they will come.
Be a hopeful pessimist on the traffic. Don't expect it to go up, then be pleasantly surprised when it does. I've settled in at about 20 visitors per day, with occasional spikes driven by carnival hosting or getting a link from an a- or b-list blogger. I'm fine with that, because I don't write for the attention.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sluggo said...

You really are doing well and you're getting good advise. I have more than twice Ken's daily readers, but he's much more influential than I am because he only posts when he has something to say and he takes the time and care to say it well. Me, I just blather on about any old thing.

Keep at it and you'll be rewarded.

1:06 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Good luck. It takes a while to get the regulars to come by everyday. But if they like what they see they will be back. You have a good start with Jim at parkway rooting for you. I'll be back

2:03 PM  
Blogger NJCons said...

I'll add you to my blog list just as soon as I get around to opening up that template.

HTTP://njconservative.blogspot.com

9:39 PM  
Blogger Dan Kauffman said...

Don't worry Jim over at Parkway gave you a glowing reccomendation, after 3 weeks you seem to be doing quite well ;-)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Fausta said...

Don't worry about the numbers. Post to your heart's content!

And thank you for the link!
Right now I'm having trouble with Blogger and will probably change providers, but will add you to the blogroll either way.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it male liposuction new york city american honda motorcycle Old car seat covers http://www.lose-weight-to-freedom.info Group 34 automotive battery http://www.saab-9-3-vector-2003-pictures.info/Hondamotorcycledealerinmississippi.html Russian roulete mirc cheap paintball marker 1994 honda ct 70 F150 computer chip Ice machine chiller New florida law pickup truck parking honda motorcycle exhaust odyssey honda odessy transmition Sphagnum moss orchids potting media credit debit card terminal 20 http://www.all-inclusive-vacation-4.info/double_bedroom_cruise_ships.html

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.adquity.com
Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

http://www.adquity.com

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home